Sunday, February 12, 2006

[Junk Dumping Ground]

{{{Ahhhhh...}}} *pulling hair*

Our home has becomes the official dumping ground of my MIL. It's awfully frustrating having to pick up after her, specially if she doesn't live here. How? You ask.

OK... this is how she does it. For example, she would pick up some freebies (ie. posters, brochures, cheapo keychains, deodorant samples, etc) from some fairs or festival events ... then dump them at our place when she comes to visit. The most annoying thing is she didn't even ask if we would like to have them or if any of those are any useful to us. She just dumped them on the dinning table or coffee table. This is what happened 2wks ago. First I thought she'd forgotten to take them with her when she left. But my hubby, knowing his mother, told me she didn't forget those stuffs are for us.

me: For us? You sure?
hubby: Yes.
me: But ... but but I didn't hear she say anything or ask if we would like to keep them.
hubby: No, she didn't. But this is her way of leaving stuff for her family.
me: Huh? How? How does she know without asking. Maybe we don't need or don't like any of those.
hubby: ... ... ... ... ... ... *speechless*
me: Anyway... I'm telling you I don't need any of those. I'm going to give them back to her.

And... that was what I did when she was here 2 days later.
In a way, I'm trying to tell her this is how you'll be treated if this is how you treat others**. If you want others to R-E-S-P-E-C-T you, first learn how to respect others. It's a 2-way street!! Mmmm... most importantly, I want to send her a message that our house is not some junkyard and we're not hobos or beggars who live by her disposal. Even if we're we deserve more respect that this!

**background info:
She returned a jigsaw puzzle CD that we gave her as a gift a while ago. Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with others returning the gifts if they (for whatever reason) don't want it or don't like it. It's ok if she just came out and said she doesn't like it or she doesn't even have to tell us why she's returning the gift to us but at least has the guts to tell us she's doesn't want the gift. But NO! She just slipped the CD in a plastic bag among other things when she visited us a few days later.

No comments: