Monday, April 02, 2007

[Black Sesame Coffee Cake 黑芝麻咖啡蛋糕]

I'd seen this recipe on my recipe book many times and... I flipped pass it everytime, it never hits me to want to try it out. I don't know why, somehow I just couldn't relate the black sesame seeds to cakes. Sesame seeds to me ... ummmm... is more of an ingredient for a savoury taste. Prejudice against the sesame seeds? You bet! Anyhow, I was able to get myself outta the prejudice cage and give this sesame seed cake a try.

Here are the ingredients and the could-be-easier way to make it!


Ingredients:
A:
  • 180g margarine
  • 150g castor sugar
  • 1/2tspn vanilla essence
  • 3 eggs
B:
  • 300g self-raising flour
  • 100g toasted black
    sesame seeds, ground
  • 3Tbspn fresh milk
材料:A:
  • 180g 麵包油
  • 150g 糖
  • 1/2茶匙 vanilla 香精
  • 3粒 雞蛋
B:
  • 300g 自發粉
  • 100g 炒香黑芝麻,
    磨成粉
  • 3湯匙 鮮奶
Oven Temp/
BakingTime
360F(180C)/45mins烤箱溫度/
烘烤時間
360F(180C) /45分鐘


Methods/做法﹕

Grinding the black sesame seeds --- 把黑芝麻磨碎
Medium ground black sesame seeds --- 把黑芝麻磨成~6分碎
1. Preheat oven to 360F(180C).
2. Butter and flour a 7" cake or bundt tin.
3. Grind the black sesame seeds using an electric grinder if you don't already have these available on hand. I prefer them medium ground, sort of 1/2-ground and 1/2-granulated. The aroma of the sesame seeds smells great and it makes the cake tastes better too.
4. Beat (A) until creamy, add in the eggs and beat until fluffy.

1. 先將烤箱預熱至 360F (180C)。
2. 將 9-inch 的圓模型抹油撒粉。
3. 把黑芝麻磨碎。我只把黑芝麻磨得~6分碎 --- 個人這樣味道比較香且口感也比較佳。
4. 將(A)料打至滑﹐加入雞蛋後打至鬆白。


Mix well and ready for the oven --- 拌勻後就可以入烤箱了
5. Stir (B) into (4), mix well. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45mins or until skewer comes out clean..

5. 把(B)加入(4)中﹐拌勻。倒入模型中﹐放入烤箱烤 45 分鐘。








Snowflakes on the cake? --- 雪花飄飄?
Dragon fruit in the cake? --- 有沒有像火龍果﹖
It changes my perception and prejudice about using sesame seeds (black or white) in cakes after the first bite! I really didn't think it's this good. It gets better with each bite and each chew. For those of you who loves the taste and aroma of sesame seeds, I urge you to try this out.

5 comments:

DuduAline said...

雖然看起來好好吃 不過我真的沒有做甜點的天份~像是糖和麵粉的量 或是該用啥樣的量杓 我都不懂~

Anonymous said...

你喜欢做甜点哦,哈哈,我也狠喜欢~~ 不过来了泰国以后就很少亲自动手了~~,没有器材~~

Shadow said...

aline,
Practice makes perfect. =)
多試幾次就會越來越“順手”。

belle,
嗯。。。在廚房裡東敲西打做東西吃可以幫我 de-stress。
這可能跟可以盡情的打打打有關係! >8<

Anonymous said...

好像很好吃哦~~
我爱黑芝麻^^

Shadow said...

minnydino,
嗯﹐真的很好吃。
第一口咬下去的時候還沒什麼感覺﹐可是越嚼芝麻的味道就會慢慢的“溢”出來。